MADE IN USA:
This article talks about why many people in the United States feel that foreign cars are better than domestic ones. I think that this article is important as the domestic car industry has been through an unbelievable slump lately, and even though it’s improving, many people still would prefer foreign over domestic. I myself have a Nissan Sentra, and really, the only reason why it is my current car, is because it was a hand-me-down from my mom. And when I find myself thinking about cars that I would want, I find myself thinking mostly about foreign cars.
STOP USING DISPOSABLE PRODUCTS:
This is actually an article, that I think many people don’t really think about. When was the last time that you shaved, and replaced the head, or when was the last time you ate at a Chinese restaurant and used throwaway wooden chopsticks? Most people use disposable things everyday, but it’s become such a part of our lives, that you don’t think about. There’s been a big upswing in the reuse, reduce, and recycle mantra, and the reason why this article really got to me was because I thought about the things I threw away today, and it was an embarrassing amount. Granted, most of it went in the recycling bin, but the fact that I had that much to recycle was mind-boggling.
THE ELECTRIC CAR DEBATE:
Anybody who owns a car knows the trouble of having a car: Gas, repairs, insurance, accidents. With the advent of Electric cars becoming a possibility, are they really all that they’re cracked up to be? This article is important to me because when I want to buy a new car, I was looking to buy a hybrid or pure electric car, and I think many people would like to go that route as well. I’m interested in learning more about electric cars and what makes them so difficult to implement in US culture, and whether or not I think that they are an ideal car for me, or students like me.
____
Graham, Paul. "Made in USA." Paul Graham. N.p., Nov 2004. Web. 12 Oct 2011. <http://www.paulgraham.com/usa.html>.
"Stop Using Disposable Products ." EarthThreat.Org: What You Can Do To Help Change The World. Earth Threat, 26 July 2007. Web. 12 Oct 2011. <http://earththreat.org/hello-world>.
"The Electric Car Debate." Green Packs: We care about the environment. Greenpacks.org, 29 Sept 2011. Web. 12 Oct 2011. <http://www.greenpacks.org/2011/09/29/the-electric-car-debate/>.
I like the electric car debate.
ReplyDeleteI like your disposable waste topic. I feel many choose to ignore this problem and I agree that it is a major concern.
ReplyDeleteI like the American made, why buy foreign car issue. I have my Mom's 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee and she is still running and looking like new. It may be I just take care of it longer. There were no hot topics on public transportation like monorail type, Metrolink or subway type areas of issue?
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for American made. This is a very controversial issue.
ReplyDeleteI like the American made topic.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for the Made in USA topic
ReplyDeleteI like the electric car debate. It sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteI love the Made in America topic.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for the made in the USA topic.
ReplyDeleteI like the disposible products topic. It's amazing how many items get thrown away daily that can be reused many times. We are a wasteful society.
ReplyDeleteMade in America, this is not only important but also interesting.
ReplyDeleteDisposable Waste. It's not only a waste of product and resources, but a waste of money.
ReplyDeleteI definitely think electric cars is a good topic to write about.
ReplyDeleteUsing disposable products. I know as a family, we use too many.
ReplyDeleteMy vote is for the electric car debate.
ReplyDeleteDisposable products issue sounds good, I'd like to hear about the impact is is having.
ReplyDeleteI am interested in the stop using disposable products topic.
ReplyDeleteI vote for the stop using disposable products topic.
ReplyDeleteI vote for made in USA
ReplyDelete